Monday, October 6, 2014

super sewing sunday....

it was one of those days when everything was aligned and spent the ENTIRE day sewing, well most of it.  i did work some on the hawaiian, but the rest of the time was at the machine and look what got done.  first, 2 rows completely done on the scrap quilt, then most of the rest of the squares done and ready to add, plus lots of strips cut out of the yellow PLUS some sewing on another quilt from a jelly roll given to me by victoria.  the scrappy is coming along nicely...i am thinking about that plaid piece that might get changed....but other than that, i am liking this a lot.  the backing and batting are on hand so it will be a fairly quick finish.  *** this morning already at the old viking trying to finish up all the squares so i can then put the top together.  this will have a total of 7 rows and it did make a significant dent in my 2.5" strip stash....now go tackle your list!!!

5 comments:

  1. What nifty blocks! I think of a maze, so I'd call it "A-mazing We Will Go."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you got a lot more done on it! Looking terrific to me, but did you mean the pink/white plaid? On camera it look okay, but maybe in person it's too bright? keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrap quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lovin' this, Grace!
    I don't have a problem with the pink plaid, but if it sticks out like a sore thumb to you, now is the time to tackle it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, saw the comment you made on The Painted Quilt and saw that you are from Maine. I live outside Portland and have a cooking (mostly sweets) blog called thewednesdaybaker. blogspot.com I have been looking around for an idea to make a scrappy quilt. So I am going to do a nine patch using scraps. Started cutting my strips tonight and hopes of stitching this weekend. thanks, Andi

    ReplyDelete