Wednesday, October 29, 2014

isn't this cute!

several retreat gals are sporting this cute fabric box accessory, so tonight ann showed some of us how to make them.  i volunteered some of my new fabric....a la carte by american jane....and ended up with this little cutie!  endless possibilities for making these with regard to color choices and sizes. 

and this is my little batik project....this pattern is called "hexie stars" and it can be found at quilterscache website run by marcia hohn.  i'm calling mine "aurora borealis" as the batiks are bright jewel tones (mostly) and will be wallhanging size.  only 2 more stars to make then it's on to project #4.   **** a bit cooler here today but no matter, retreat fun isn't contingent on outside temps...and why oh why is it wednesday already?????

3 comments:

  1. Great fabric box, and I like the way it is sporting the pins. Great idea!
    Oh, I love aurora borealis!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric box is adorable and I love that American Jane cheddar floral, too! Your hexie stars are a very clever pattern and your look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing this fabric box. I had to go online and found a pattern and made one for myself. What a cute idea

    ReplyDelete