Sunday, September 28, 2014

almost done

all 9 blocks are done now...just waiting to see the finish next week.  a cute little project done pretty quick, well almost done.  and true to form, i set aside a small stash to make these and most of it is left, so hardly any stash busted.  though i pulled from stash and wasn't entirely thrilled about the fabrics, now that the blocks are all done, they go together pretty well.  i think it will be a nice wallhanging when finished--or a table topper maybe?  **** my last block didn't take much time at all so there is plenty of the day left to enjoy what might be our last gasp of summer weather.  tomorrow it's back to autumn and cooler, crisper air and maybe chowder too?  could be!

7 comments:

  1. Your colors are beautiful! I've been collecting the patterns but haven't started the blocks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I started collecting the patterns and then gave up. Pretty lame, I know.
    But your blocks look beautiful--I think the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabrics you've used do work well together Grace - it's part of the magic of quiltmaking, in my view, that you can start with a bunch of fabrics you're not all that taken with, and end up with a very eye-catching quilt. Well done.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, I've gotten behind hoping to get caught up. Been a little under the weather but hoping to feel like sewing on Tuesday when the weather is crappy not me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all ready for the next step too - can't wait to see how these will be all set together - I'm guess they will be on point with plain alternate blocks between them..... I like your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your arrangement is very pretty and I love your fabrics! good job!

    ReplyDelete