Monday, August 4, 2014

design wall monday

only 3 days into august and have made good progress on finishing up the applique for my hawaiian quilt.  the center portion (pictured) and 2 of the quadrants are done....can i get the other 2 done in august?  we shall see....icky weather weekend equals more sewing time, but beach weather is returning some time this week.  ****  yesterday had to do some resewing on the baby quilt top.  the stripe i used absolutely required that all stripes should go in the same direction, so required a fix.  the backing is on site....an orange with white polka dots...so after a wash/dry, can work on getting that tied and finished.  ***  today working on cabana daydreams for a while.  the flimsy top is over half done and hoping to get that completed between today and tomorrow.  ***** with handwork project lined up for the near future, the machine work can focus on the projects in my WIP storage drawers....plus an upcoming swap of blocks and the weekly sew-a-long.  enough to keep me occupied?  no problem!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your progress on the Hawaiian quilt. It is so gorgeous--I can still remember how stunning it was to see it in person. Hard to believe that in 2 months it will have been a year since we met up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this gorgeous top in the parking lot of The Canoe! It is still wonderful, even if I can't stand to do applique myself, I appreciate it. Your stitches were so tiny they were invisible!

    ReplyDelete