Saturday, July 12, 2014

woo hoo!

this behemoth of a BOM is finally done!  the "just takes 2" got finished last evening during the 6:30 news and what a great feeling it was!  not to say i didn't enjoy this project; i did.  it was a real challenge for me to take on more complicated blocks than usual, but thought it would be off my UFO list much sooner than this.  even so, i am a process person and did enjoy the process, not to mention the freedom of free-form quilting each and every block differently, except the geese and checkerboard units--those were all quilted the same.  anyway, it needs its finish bath and measure to see how much yardage got busted and then it belongs to my mum....and on to the next UFO.  **** first up is to repair a quilt i had made for my dad in the 1980s, a scrappy drunkard's path that needs some repair and new binding.  the little tumbler quilt should be the next UFO finish and i think august will be devoted to the hawaiian to see if the applique can get finished; then september to finish another donation UFO. **** the JTT was the 3rd hand quilted quilt that got finished this year so far....not to shabby! 

5 comments:

  1. I'd say it's not too shabby! Wonderful finish, Grace! Cause for celebration, I'd say. I'll bet your Mom is thrilled to have it. You impress me with your consistent effort. I'm lucky if I get something hand quilted in 3 years, let alone 3 in one year. And you still have a lot of year left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It is beautiful and so is your quilting! Congratulations on the finish and you should be so very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this terrific finish! I love it! A huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Janet O, Grace - cause for celebration indeed. Well done on a fabulous, long-term finish.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete