Sunday, July 20, 2014

looks who's here!

today the old viking came out to play!  recently i had read on the vintage machine site about the problems with this model and recalled my repairman telling me to be sure and turn the dials every day to prevent them from seizing up....a broken camstack was fixed for that very reason.  while i was homeless, the machine was in cold storage, the most likely cause of the broken part.  so, today i pulled it out and did some mending with the zig-zag and promptly cut up some fabric for a baby boy quilt, threaded 'er up and she is ready to roll.  though she isn't in pristine condition, for 35 years old she still runs like new and has traveled many miles, not the least of which was the horrid time in storage.   my magnetic poetry adorns her for inspiration.   if you can't read it, it says (from top to bottom)...my still sweet friend and gorgeous apparatus always"  and then "winter sings as tiny bitter diamonds".   **** had to make a marden's run for an upcoming block swap and was sorely tempted but was able to limit myself to 4.5 yards total, some of which is for some swaps and a piece for this baby quilt, so actual accumulation is very minor.  but oh the fun i could have there....so much beautiful fabric that i scooted in and out quickly.  **** a gray and dreary day here so not a beach day, which is good.  many other little things that needed to be done.  now off to play!

1 comment:

  1. I do not like when I do not have access to my sewing stuff so being mostly packed up would be horrid for me too! I hope you are able to move soon to a more friendly location.

    ReplyDelete