Monday, May 6, 2013

suddenly spring!

omigosh!  what can i say after a day spent in quilting heaven?  this is how far i got on my project in bonnie hunter's workshop yesterday.  it will be titled "suddenly spring" because that is how it makes me feel.  during my trip to maryland a few weeks ago, i left the cold and brown maine environment to arrive in boston to see flowers on the trees, and as the train went further south, spring was a reality....suddenly!  and yesterday's workshop?  it was typical bonnie--fun and exciting filled with sewing and sharing, picking up valuable tips and tricks as only bonnie can deliver.  hop on over to her blog for more photos.  *** first up for me is to unpack the quilty suitcase, put phoebe back in her place, clear the decks here and get ready for work later on, still in the afterglow of a truly perfect day.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You got so much done already on it! Good going, girl! and those colors do glow with springtime joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring blocks! Sounds like the perfect day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your & your blocks in Bonnie's slide show. My Magpie friend Ellie (from New Gloucester) was there, too.
    Your pink/white/green looks yummy -- "strawberry mint"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very definitely a harbinger of spring and reminds me of a dogwood in early bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made sure to look for you in Bonnie's slide show. I love all the different colors everyone was using. Your combination is so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you enjoyed the workshop, Grace. Your quilt looks fabulous so far.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good time, not that there was any doubt you would, looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ijust love that pink and green combination
    and yes it says SPRING to me too!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete