Thursday, May 9, 2013

got 'er done!


just this morning finished the binding on my "autumn change" quilt; it's only sofa throw size, but lots of cross-hatch quilting should hold it together a while....LOL!  delicious autumn prints, i love 'em and love to use 'em.  it's a gift so soon will be on its way to a new home.  ****  how great, now can move on to another quick (maybe) finish with the amish center diamond.  it's cool enough here today to quilt with overcast/rainy skies.  and if that doesn't take too long, might even be able to squeeze in the pineapple blossom quilt, which is also a gift.  need to make room for more UFOs as i've some new project ideas swirling around in the gray matter....BTW, this pattern came from a "quiltmaker" mag back in 2010, i apologize to the designer as i don't have her name...in the mag it was done in browns/aquas.  it's chinese coins pattern and since i chose autumn fabrics, named it "autumn change"  get it?

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is absolutely 300% even more beautiful when you get to see it in person as I did just a few hours ago when Grace & I met for lunch. I am so dense that the name of Autumn Change did not connect for me until Grace explained it here. But I want to tell you that the handquilting is fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, your quilt is gorgeous!!! I'm going to have to look up that magazine from my pile and think about about making one.

    ReplyDelete