Sunday, May 19, 2013

baby emma progress



isn't she cute?  i think so too, and yes, it is a smidgen wonky but considering all those teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy, eeny, weeny flying geese, not too bad.  smallest i ever made i can tell you, measuring 1.5 x 2.5 inches. i did take this on with more than a bit of trepidation.  and see what i mean about the shirting used?  isn't enough contrast for me but it's what i had enough of to use for this project.  all done except for 3 little circles to be appliqued in the center, so it's a do-able finish for this year i think, OR could make up some hourglass squares, maybe 6 or 8 inches each, and morph it into a quilt top, maybe just sofa size?  *** next up for machine project is to finish piecing a kim diehl tablerunner, which will clear another shoebox as i desperately need the storage space. *** inchie leaders/enders are continuing and i have some strips to put together into another block or so.  before long i will have to sit down and figure out exactly how many squares i will need for the top.  it'll be a tied quilt due to a gazillion seams, but it's one i will keep as it's a veritable scrapbook of fabrics.  and no doubt a few spool blocks will be assembled as well.  aaahhh, so many fun projects ahead!

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I LOVE it--plenty of contrast as far as I am concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one just exactly as it is Grace. I wouldn't do anything else except to add the three circles in the center. What a fabulous wall quilt for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree patti...the more i think about it, if it's a tad wonky adding to it will only make it worse i think. great minds think alike!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Janet, Grace. I think the contrast in the Flying Geese is fine and it's consistent with the overall visual impact of the quilt. Fabulous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace, I was the winner of your giveaway at the end of April - the selvedge needle holder and the pattern. They actually arrived in my mail box on May 10th but that was the day I left for a holiday. Therefore I did not get it until last evening. I want to say thank you once again. The neddle case is so cute and the Carolina Lily pattern looks delightful. My favorite flowers are lilies so it was an extra treat to see that pattern. Unfortunately, I will not get to try it any time soon. It is gardening time and I am a little far behind because of my trip. But grandkids come first. Cheers from Darlene in Canada I have a blog although I haven't written since Nov.[bad me] It is: http://darlenesdabbles.blogspot.ca in case anyone would like to chcek it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me gusta su blog!! es genisal
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the other ladies, it looks great the way it is.

    ReplyDelete