Tuesday, April 30, 2013

sneak peek

here is a quick look at part of the project for maine quilts.  no, pine trees aren't blue with shells on them, just a bit of artistic license.  the plaid fabric was a volunteer gift last year from maine quilts, so it's neat that i'm using it for this year's display piece.  *** up early and eager for today's enjoyment which i hope will include plenty of progress on my 3 current focus projects--autumn change, the maine quilts and prepping pinks/greens.  a couple of errands will round out the day.  **** not much else doing here except watching spring progress and saying goodbye to april.  it's one of those days when i feel i can't sew fast enough or maybe it is just the stash inspiring me; either way, must not be deterred from current "must do" to rack up some finishes that are sorely overdue. 


4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Just reading your post makes me feel like I need to get up and get something done......but instead I am going to share on my blog what I will be up to later today!

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your artistic license results, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and so appropriate for Maine although in Belfast it seems the only shells I ever saw were periwinkle (love them) and the occasional mussel. I brought home a jar of Belfast beach sand (rocks) and periwinkle shells. If you can get to Belfast in the fall, I believe there is a quilt show in the boat house right on the beach. Pine Tree Quilters, I think. The group meets at St. Joseph's Church in Belfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be "Shore Pines"! Cute by any name!! doni way over here @ Oregon coast

    ReplyDelete