Thursday, February 28, 2013

thanks quiltville swappers!

a month or so ago on ebay, i was THIS close to placing a ridiculous bid for 75 batik strips.  when the bid went over what figured out to be a totally unfrugal price, i reluctantly stopped and glad i did.  the quiltville swappers had a batik strip swap and for about $5 i got 40 batik strips, which will add variety to my small stash.  can't believe there was a time when i thought the rage over batiks was completely unfounded.  haven't seen one yet that i didn't think was beautiful.  **** what is on the sewing table today?  the scrappy indigo and a quickie project sure to perk up my cube at work....you'll see!

2 comments:

  1. What a great bunch of batiks, and I'm right there with ya on the "used to disdain them, now I love them" thing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing about batiks, can't believe I was that crazy, as a matter a fact I really enjoy working with it!

    Looking forward to seeing the quickie project.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete