Thursday, January 3, 2013

new year, new UFO

remember that charm pack and tumbler template that vic gifted me with just before christmas?  well, being the fabric diva i am, i couldn't resist pulling out some shirting squares and cutting some up!  and (gulp) i even got the batting for it too...on sale, of course.  it'll be about 5 feet square, big enough for shorty me, in repro fabrics of course.  it'll be a great leaders/enders project with simple straight seams.  first, though, the batik has to be finished and tied, and the just takes 2, and an official UFO has to be done.....etc, etc.  and, the horror!  i found another UFO...the christmas wishes wallhanging.  it's getting slowly embroidered and over half done now.  **** our winter has gone arctic so not much to do except keep the car from freezing up and stay inside and sew.  let those outdoor sports nuts freeze to death if they want.  in the spring/summer/fall i want to be on the beach, and in winter i want to live where i can see the beach, if not all the time then on a frequent basis. 

3 comments:

  1. "Fabric Diva"--I love it, Grace!
    It is arctic here, too. Highs in the single digits to teens--lows in the double digits below zero! I just came from town where it is all of 3 degrees at 2 in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirtings look great, Grace! But I just love love love your newest header photo in the blues and creams! Gosh what pattern is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the shirtings. Do you mind telling me where you got them? I find it hard to find shirtings and I like those small prints for backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete