Friday, December 14, 2012

o christmas tree

binding that is....picked up this festive print at marden's some time ago for whenever and it seems just the right thing for binding the christmas scrappy.  with the quilting nearly done, time to get the binding ready so i can hopefully lop this UFO off my 2012 list.  i absolutely love this print and wish i had bought more at the time, even though the thread count is higher than usual cotton fabric.  **** aside from deleting tempting sales e-mails, i've been making more indigo flying geese and finishing up christmas gifties.  we picked up our tree yesterday and the house is filled with the aroma of balsam, one of the few perks of maine living.  all that remains is to decorate the tree, make some cookies and enjoy the season.  though our celebrations are very low key due to few family members close by, it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy the pandemonium around after my way over-committed single parent days.   

1 comment:

  1. That is a very cute fabric to bind a Christmas quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Sometimes I wish my Christmas was a bit more low-key, but I have family all around. My parents, my siblings, 3 of my 4 children, many nieces and nephews, my MIL and one of DH's two siblings all live within a 10 mile radius. I have the privilege of hosting over 40 of them for my family's Christmas party in 3 days. No sewing happening here right now!

    ReplyDelete