Saturday, December 29, 2012

Aussie secret santa goodies

secret santa christmas swap of 2012 is history, but these are the lovely hand-made gifts that came in my Australia package.  a lovely hand-knit scarf, an embroidered book mark, 2 adorable knitted christmas ornaments and this beautiful, beaded, 1920s style bag.  all hand-crafted gifts and so very thoughtful for me who reads and loves christmas ornaments, lives in a cold climate and a pocketbook diva.  sadly, the package i sent has not been received as of yet by the recipient.  i do have proof of mailing and have contacted the post office to see if it can be located.  while i enjoy christmas swaps, i am wondering if international is wise, given the state of the postal service, or perhaps another time it'll get sent a different method.  for some reason, i frequently have issues with mail coming and going from the south portland post office.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful assortment of gifts, lovingly made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having trouble with your packages. My mail service was terrific this year, both packages arrived in time. For the first time in years. Plus the fabric I order from Fabric.com arrived yesterday, barely a week after I ordered it. Maybe it is the outlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a box of fabrics to a friend in Tasmania on Nov. 16th. She still hasn't recieved it yet. I'm getting kind of worried....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace they are lovely gifts that arrived to you from Aus, you didn't mention a name. The bag is amazing!
    What a shame that your parcel has not arrived to your person, I hope that it turns up eventually.
    Visiting from the SSCS list

    ReplyDelete
  5. you received a lovely SSCS parcel....lets hope your parcel is delivered very soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace - it arrived TODAY! Thank you SO much; everything is lovely and I'm so pleased to have a little bit of Maine in my home. I really like the way you described everything and where it came from. I'll be posting on my blog tomorrow and emailing you. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete