Friday, November 9, 2012

swap HSTs

mr. mailman brought these little HSTs today from a recent swap.  they are 2" unfinished and look to be a great variety ideal for maybe some of my little civil war repro quilts.  next up is black and white strips.  **** a recent visit to nann's blog revealed how she stores her fabric or, more specifically, FQs and such.  they are in clear shoeboxes by color.  hmmm....although i love my elfa drawers, maybe the shoebox system would make it easier to find specific colors.  right now they are sorted by color with civil war repros in their own shoeboxes.  i am tempted to try it but don't want to spend my sewing time organizing fabric.  it is a slippery slope and my preference is to sew rather than get ready to sew.  maybe it can be done in snippets of time.  **** a very nice fall day here, sunny and cool; it was a grocery shopping day for me plus a few other errands. 

1 comment:

  1. Would love to get that in the mail--problem is, I don't want to have to make a bunch and send them away first! : )
    Snowy day here--another one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete