Saturday, November 24, 2012

next!

took this UFO to PA but never got started on it; it's a scrappy indigo quilt that i am hoping to get to the flimsy stage this month.  it will be on next year's UFO list too, but it is progress. *** also been working on some "just takes 2" squares inbetween AND quilting on the christmas ribbons scrappy too.  *** today, though, i'm concentrating on deleting all those cyber-Monday quilt shop and fabric sales.  the one that was most painful so far was from cherrywood fabrics, luscious solids that i've used before, a 2-for-1 deal on their scrap bags, that required a steely resolve to ignore.  and with a new year looming, my resolution (again!) is to ONLY shop my stash as possible in 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. I admire your restraint. Haven't had the courage to total up what I spent on fabric on the trip. But moving all my fabric to one place has (instead of spread all over the house) been a wakeup call to shop the stash. The indigos look sharp, is it a two colour quilt or is there another block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I rarely buy fabric online, I haven't been swamped with online ads. You were a strong woman to resist those Cherrywood scrap. I know you love them--they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete