Friday, November 2, 2012

a super scrappy

this is cheryl's 1000 (or is it 2000?) patch scrappy quilt.  start with 2" squares for the big blocks, then a narrow white border and then a border of more squares, then put the squares together with narrow white sashing.  you know i LOVE scrappy quilts and this one is no exception.  my postage stamp quilt is similar but not exactly like this.  i think her blocks are 10 x 10 and my postage stamps are 16 x 16.  i never met a quilter who didn't have scraps and this is a perfect way to use them.  can't wait to see it done!  ****  the binding on the scrappy pinwheel is nearly finished and i've another small UFO that is halfway done as well.  so these 2 should definitely be done before the end of november.  that gives me 3 weeks in december to hopefully finish the border on the center diamond.  as mentioned, i've reserved the week between christmas and new year's for "just takes 2" to see what i can get done on that. 

4 comments:

  1. This is a scrap quilt at its best. Love it!
    Postage Stamp is another bucket list quilt. Way too many quilts on the B. L. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt Grace.. But do tell me where the pattern is from.. I may have to purchase one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt looks so crisp with the white. I wish you had posted yours net to it! I'm sure looks as wonderful. And, I like your little Nov. quilt. Very nice also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the light color it really makes the scrappy colors "pop".

    ReplyDelete