Monday, October 29, 2012

thank you, sandy!

don't get me wrong, i completely sympathize with those whose lives get disrupted and upended by storms like this, but it helped me tremendously in that traveling today was much easier without usual traffic numbers.  i came sailing through hartford with hardly any cars at all to be seen.  all the way north to good ol' maine, the roads were less traveled by hordes, which made driving in the nearly gale force winds easier than it would have been.  maybe, just maybe, we can squeak by halloween without snow, you think?  wouldn't bother me a bit.  i can wait.

5 comments:

  1. glad you had a SAFE and relatively easy trip home after having such a good time on retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am glad to hear you are home without incident! So nice that you had the opportunity for this retreat, and from the sound of your posts, it measured up to your expectations. That is great!
    Got your postcard today--what a fun surprise. I love getting "real" mail. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! You made it home! Now to sleep in your very own bed...ahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are home safe and sound. Now if I could just get home myself. Retreat sounds like it was a great time and the fabrics you got were terrific.A real win/win situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you made it home - worried about you all day as I watched the news reports.

    ReplyDelete