Friday, September 7, 2012

they're heeeeere!

they arrived yesterday, my little stash of jo morton's "leesburg" fabrics.  i know, doesn't seem like much but i restrained myself.  my tote of jo's fabrics is already full and i have no more room to add another tote.  the shelves are full of shoeboxes filled with fabric and UFOs.  course, when i see the whole line in person, i might be tempted to pick up a few more.  seeing them online gives me a good idea but seeing them up close is always better. i know, i did say i wasn't fond of green but these will fit right into the stash.   also with the "leesburg" were 4 indigo FQs for my scrappy as i didn't have quite enough for my project.  **** spent most of yesterday working on my ocean wave units.  although i seem to have plenty of solids, my blue solids are woefully scant.  before adding more, though, i'll cut up what i can.  i really need to thin out the drawer.  it is a tease to fondle the fabric, though, because i dreamed up a couple more small projects using the solids that i want to start.  they'll get jotted down in the notebook for future reference.  *** another gorgeous early september day here in coastal maine.  these late summer/pre autumn days can't be beat. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics. I haven't seen these anywhere, but then the selection of repros in my little valley is woefully inadequate. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Jo Morton! Nice! The patterning on Civil War fabrics are so intricate that they make regular modern fabric designs look coarse to me. Good score!

    ReplyDelete