Tuesday, September 18, 2012

monday sewing

in addition to my hour of quilting, managed to sew up these units for the ocean waves quilt.  there is no rush getting this flimsy together and, in fact, i might have to order another grab bag of those luscious solids from cherrywood in order to get the variety i need at a low cost.  this quilt takes an enormous amount of triangles, even at the size i'm making, which is giving me a 3.5" square when 2 are sewn together.  not nearly as small as bonnie's gorgeous, huge ocean waves, but because i hand quilt all my quilts, i tend to shy away from too many seams.  *** now off to start my busy day in gorgeous early fall weather!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you can sew again because that means your eye has healed up. Your ocean waves units are so bright and happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Carp! I just realized that I did not need to wrestle with word verification! One hundred thousand "thank -you's"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete