Monday, September 3, 2012

i'm in!

bonnie has thrown down the gauntlet for a quilting challenge and i am definitely in!  i would like to get this quilt done before the end of the month; it's over half done at this point.  i'll certainly give it a serious try.  **** just back from a delish breakfast in boothbay harbor.  up early and out the door for a scenic drive and breakfast overlooking the harbor.  we go a few times during the summer just for a brief visit to this picturesque village.  **** i've a paid holiday today and it feels soooo rich!  i'll get my hour of quilting in no problem, and not sure what else either.  yesterday i cut out the remaining little baskets to hand piece, and i've finished 2 more of the red applique squares as well.  **** count down is now 6 weeks and 6 days....maps have been ordered, projects are packed, last minute shopping list is started, and the taste of fall in the air today has me eager to go.  hard to believe this was booked in february and the time is nearly here. 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Your happy Amish pinwheels are so pretty with that soft gray background as a foil against all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually focused on your quilt frame. I had one of those once and took it back to the store. Probably just my coordination problem, but I could not get my project in the frame and have it be taut enough to quilt without having another pair of hands help me. I've seen people use them everywhere and I feel sop dumb that I couldn't do it. : )

    ReplyDelete