Thursday, August 30, 2012

phase 1 finished

so, here are 202 hexagons now sewn into twosies.  though you have seen those itty, bitty 3/4 inch hexies on bonnie's page, you won't see any of them here...and for good reason, too.  my fingers are a bit chunkier than bonnie's!  and besides, this patten is called "honeycomb" from an amish pattern book.  next they will get sewn into foursies and assembled into sections so i can get them on the design wall and hopefully into an eye-pleasing flimsy.  **** still plugging away at some applique projects.  waiting for the weather to modulate a bit so i can get back to quilting my pinwheel.  in the meantime, the beach is calling and i must answer....LOL!

2 comments:

  1. We are having our first cool day in what seems like forever. I want to be outside, but it is my monthly quilting day with Mom.
    Love those rich colors--this quilt will be a visual feast for the color alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those hexagons. I know how long it must have taken you to just sew them, and you have all of those in twosies. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete