Thursday, August 9, 2012

not exactly a finish

remember this?  gorgeous, i know, but it's a bigger quilt top than i usually make.  and truth to tell, with my already-basted stack plus the ones currently being quilted, not to mention the ones i have planned, there isn't any need for this one.  plus, it'll cost more than usual to finish.  and with so many seams, it wouldn't get hand quilted anyway, just tied.  so, the decision has been made to fling it to a finisher and then donated to someone in need.  that will get it off my shelf, off my UFO list and off my budget and, more important, off my mind.  knowing it is going to a good home to be used for its intended purpose is satisfying indeed. 

4 comments:

  1. Very generous of you, Grace. Someone is going to be thrilled to receive this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, how nice of you. That's your Orca Bay! Someone will be thrilled indeed, the colors are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is gorgeous! Someone is going to be very happy to get your very generous donation quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in this quilt and I can see a very happy Female Vet receiving this. One would be thrilled..

    ReplyDelete