Wednesday, July 4, 2012

tax refund finish

the last tax refund purchase arrived yesterday.  clever hancock's, sent me a catalog and shortly thereafter a free shipping missive arrived at my inbox.  there was much more on my "want" list, but i opted out of all but these.  i have a wallhanging pattern that has been waiting on them, so now it can be started.  **** most of my tax refund went to paying for my vacation, some bills and a couple of needed things (suitcase, stainless flatware) and this gorgeous fabric.  each piece is 1/2 yard, so 3.5 new yards into the stash.  my last christmas-y purchase was last year so i've really tapered off.  autumn and christmas fabrics always call to me but of late i have mostly ignored the message.  it's now washed and dried and ready to use.  yeah, i'm in the "wash fabric" group. 

7 comments:

  1. I also prewash! Always... except those dang strips, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fabrics Grace.. I don't pre wash but that is me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have great taste, I just purchased some of that line of fabric for the Mystery Quilt I just started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to prewash everything, until I started using so many scraps from the LQS scrap basket. They were not prewashed and trying to wash them left a tangled mess. If I think a color might run I have soaked it first, but that is it.
    Love these Christmas fabrics. Christmas and fall fabrics call to me, as well. I don't know where they got my number--I'm unlisted! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you to get a tax refund! The same thing happened to me, actually. The only problem was that I forgot to bring my identification card with me. Thankfully, they said that I could get a refund via the internet. And you know what happened a week after that? Voila! I was surprised to get my tax refund a week after that. It’s fast and convenient! Sunday Hindman

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest worry is getting a big tax refund. It’s exciting to receive big money, but it might be an indication that something is wrong. All the same, getting our tax refund is still the best part, for me at least! It gives a feeling the complete opposite when thinking about being audited by IRS. I’m glad you’re able to gain a lot from it. Don’t worry I wouldn’t ask for specifics. ;) -->Lauren Padilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Receiving my tax refunds is one my most awaited moments every year. A few years ago, I used it to clear my debt. And now that I’m debt-free, I’m excited to use it for leisure! There’s always something good about filing and paying your taxes – you just have to be diligent with them.

    -Kathy Gregory

    ReplyDelete