Saturday, July 21, 2012

newest stash

really, just a few basics and a couple of "had to have" pieces were all i got yesterday.  first, from L to R, 2 shirtings, always needed; next, a cheddar and poison green print, definitely a basic; next 1/4 yard to go with the last print; next, a french general very gorgeous piece and beside it a "go with" piece from red rooster; then a basic double pink for the civil war diary quilt and last but not at all least is a christmas print that i couldn't leave behind.  of all the christmas fabrics, this bolt had the most left; it was lonely, felt left out, so i brought home 1/2 yard for a project that is all planned--lovely, colorful pears! **** slept soundly a whopping 8 hours last night.  been puttering and doing some quilting and scrap chopping this morning.  it's another near perfect midsummer day, not to be confused with midsomer where all the murders take place.  an english place where it definitely isn't safe to live but just fine for DVD watching. **** back to puttering!

4 comments:

  1. Nice of you to bring home the "left out" Christmas fabric. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like Midsomer Murders. I do too but it drives my husband mad! Nice purchases - I like the way you justify them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that cheddar fabric, now to hide my keys so I don't go try and find some like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, you haven't even mentioned that the first piece of shirting on the left is a blue PAISLEY! You adore paisley's just as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete