Sunday, July 1, 2012

it's july 1st...

and you know what that means....more just takes 2 blocks will be uploaded.  silly me, i've always shied away from block-of-the-month challenges, partly due to cost (the kit type), but partly because i was apprehensive about keeping up.  looks like my concern was spot on.  even so, the glass is half full here.  i've only one pieced block to finish and then the large applique block to do and i will have the first quarter section done.  then i can turn my attention to the next section, of which i already have 2 blocks done. *** with summer here and the beach calling, i don't get too stressed over quilting deadlines.  i am working diligently on the UFO list, though.  i've knocked of at least 7 this year and i've started a number of small quilts too.  my quilting focus this month is the pinwheel and just takes 2 and ocean waves and little quilts and retreat kits and.........

2 comments:

  1. I have that same calendar, and even though I know perfectly well what day it is, I dutifully turn the page to the correct day. (And I made the July 1 block in a visceral response to the 9/11 attacks. It was a wallhanging for my office door.)

    ReplyDelete