Sunday, July 15, 2012

basting blitz

whew, most of today was taken up with basting, and i mean the old fashioned way, by hand with needle and thread.  all ready to quilt now are 2 tablerunners, 2 little quilts and 2 twin size quilts.  the christmas quilt front right is scrappy from top to bottom--even the background that is made up of scraps of white-on-white pieces and other white cottons from various projects, not enough of any to put in one project.  i know it isn't matchy-matchy but definitely frugal and scrappy, which is just fine to me.  **** these basted projects will join others on the shelf waiting for quilting; 2 bed size, 4 wallhanging and 1 little quilt.  there's also the 2 amish bed size in progress, so even if i don't start anything new, i've got enough to keep me sewing for a couple of years anyway.  stick around, could be there'll be plenty to show in months to come. 

3 comments:

  1. They look so pretty just laid out there together! Looking forward to our Friday excursion and hoping for cooler drier weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs matchy-matchy? Scrappy rules!!
    Basting is my least favorite thing. I have several things I need to be quilting, but I'm hung up on the basting. You inspire me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. My quilt group made a scrappy raffle quilt using the same pattern as your Christmas quilt - it was very successful - fellow boomer.

    ReplyDelete