Thursday, June 14, 2012

a maine summer breakfast

what's not to like?  fresh, juicy fruit (no sugar added!), a fluffy biscuit and a dollop of sweet dairy....a delish pyramid!  today is my dad's birthday and though he is no longer with us, we always honor his memory by enjoying fresh, sweet strawberries.  i can take or leave strawberry shortcake, but i love the whole fresh berries when they are a bit over-ripe, sweet and juicy.  that is how i enjoy berries best, plain all by themselves.  ***** on tap today?  physical appointment, long overdue, and sewing of course! 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! Reminds me, I need to go pick a handful of strawberries for my cereal. I'm having a very late breakfast because I have been out working in the yard all day.
    What a pleasant way to remember your Dad! : )

    ReplyDelete