Thursday, June 21, 2012

its done!

oh yeah, another one off the UFO list today, a happy event indeed.  i started this last year at maine quilts in jo morton's class and glad to say it's done BEFORE maine quilts this year, though not by much.  these fabrics are not all jo morton's but some are.  even so, i like it.  **** i've also worked some on just takes 2, specifically applique on the 2 applique blocks remaining in the first quarter section.  **** another hot day here in coastal maine but no matter, we are close to the ocean and frigid waters still, even though it's nearly july.  with cooler temps on the way, i'm heading back to quilt on the amish pinwheel, hoping for a finish in july before tackling the next large basted quilt.  **** i've got some gorgeous vintage cross-stitch patterns i want to tackle but my quilting muse is in overdrive.  i can't believe the year is half over already and my list isn't half done, gotta get going!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Grace! Hand quilted and everything! Are you gifting it or using it on a wall or table top?
    Did you have to point out that the year was half over? At least I didn't make a list that I expected to have finished by year's end. If so, I know I would be greatly disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious medallion quilt! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete