Wednesday, June 27, 2012

if you're saying....

what, another new project?   you'd be wrong...this time anyway.  i have seen these little baskets appliqued all over blogland and they are sooo cute!  i had to try one.  i found the pattern free on the internet and copied it to the right size for this 6" block of shirtings, of which i have a huge stack i got in a swap.  i do like them a lot and of course i have plenty of fabric for a gazillion of them, but for now it was just a "try and see" block.  i'm busy quilting on my amish pinwheel, doing a bit of cross-stitch and applique and for a machine project, it's the amish ocean waves flimsy.  **** of course were are in the throes of real summer here in lobster-land, though it has been a cool week here in lake woebegone east.  have a few fun things planned for the summer so far and thinking ahead (and making those lists) for my october retreat, which will be here far too soon.  worse than that, i know it'll go by even faster than that.  now for a book and bed, tomorrow is another day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have seen these cute little baskets around, too. Luckily, since I don't applique, I admire them, but am not tempted.
    Nice job on your "try and see".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this applique basket. Can you tell where you have found it? It is spo cute, like to try one myself to see if it will work for me too! Hugs from Holland!

    ReplyDelete