Tuesday, May 8, 2012

scraps no more

so, the solid scrap squares have been assembled into these scrappy 4-patch units.  like a true disciple of the bonnie hunter repurpose/scrapsaver doctrine, i make every effort not to see anything in the trash larger than 1" square.  if i can't get an inchie out of a scrap, out it goes.  with fabric now at $10 plus per yard (except at marden's!), it behooves one to be as thrifty as possible in busting one's stash.  these units got tucked away with the little solid 9-patch units and the solid QSTs recently sewn.  once the ocean waves is a flimsy, i'll have a better idea of how much solid stash is left and can start on my scrappy solid bow tie quilt and cross it off my WHIMM list.    

1 comment:

  1. You are so efficient, Grace! I always intend to "take care of" the scraps when finishing a project before moving on to something else, but it rarely actually happens (as my "to be cut" scrap drawer would attest).
    The magazines arrived yesterday! Thanks so much! I would love to exchange something--FQs, yardage, soap? You name it! If you don't name it, you will just have to take whatever I send! : )

    ReplyDelete