Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ocean waves

so, 2 waves are done so far.  there is no deadline on this project.  i just wanted to see how it was going to turn out so i whipped up these.  it also gives me a better idea of how many triangles i will need.  it's quite possible this will use up a significant portion of my solids stash but it remains to be seen.  these are fairly large compared to a lot of ocean waves i've seen but no matter.  it was a pattern on my wish list and my quilts are made with hand quilting in mind.  the background is charcoal kona solid, a world of difference from black and much easier on the eyes.  **** an important birthday in our family yesterday, my mother's great-aunt turned 99!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, I bet it's even more stunning in person, the photos never really show the true beauty.......I've never made a quilt using solids, this may have to go on my quilting "bucket list".

    Happy Birthday to your mother's great aunt, that's a wonderful milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Ocean Waves is going to be eye-popping in solids with a charcoal background!
    What a milestone birthday!!

    ReplyDelete