Saturday, May 5, 2012

Errata

Re: my quilting thread survey.  Although I stated all threads I tried were 40 wt, in fact that is not the case.  On closer inspection, the Aurifil is a 28 wt thread and the Coats & Clark is a 22 wt thread.  Maybe that is why I don't like it...too thick.  And even though the King Tut IS a 40 wt thread, there is only a barely discernible difference in the weight of that when compared to the Aurifil.  In the end, it all comes down to the ease of use, not price or weight.  I do prefer the Aurifil but will use all the brands I currently have and my guess is nobody would know the difference.  And even though I need to be thrifty, I quilt for enjoyment, period. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever used "Superior" brand thread. Recently had someone tell me she loves it and can get it at a really good price. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete