Tuesday, May 29, 2012

cozy toes ahead!

although i can knit, i've never done socks.  judy is always posting photos of socks she makes and this pattern intrigued me.  so, i downloaded it and printed it out...and gave it to mom!  i already have a few pairs of hand-knit socks she made for me and i love them.  her only request?  get a solid color...no dazzling stripes for this pattern.  she is a recreational knitter and made these custom for me (a little longer in the cuff for my chubby ankles).  even though it'll be a while before it's cold enough to wear them, i can't wait.  **** violent thunder and lightning early this morning.  **** on today's agenda?  the amish pinwheel, hoping to be my  next UFO finish.

1 comment:

  1. They do look cozy. Do they stay up well? That has been my only issue with handmade socks.

    ReplyDelete